Why Join BNI Crossroads Portlaoise?
The BNI Crossroads Portlaoise chapter passed €2,339,461 in combined revenue in the past 12 months!
Welcome to BNI Crossroads Portlaoise
BNI is the most successful business networking referral organisation in the world. With over 1,200 members and more than 50 BNI groups in Ireland alone, passing thousands of referrals worth millions of Euros every year! We firmly believe it is the best way to build a better business.
The BNI Crossroads Portlaoise members enjoy unparalleled business growth. Our Chapter provides a positive, supportive, and structured environment for the development and exchange of quality business referrals. BNI members, on average, increase their business 20% in the first year. Our chapter is a dynamic, committed group of business people who know how to refer business to each other.
Benefits of BNI membership
There are countless benefits to joining BNI.
- Increase Business Prospects: You’ll substantially increase your business through referrals.
- Professional Development: You’ll have access to our exclusive training programs and opportunities to sharpen your presentation and business skills.
- Great Networking Opportunities: Your participation in up to 50 networking meetings per year will increase your exposure to many other business professionals in your community.
- Exclusive Member Resources: You’ll have access to a range of tools and educational materials on networking, public speaking and business best-practices.
What To Expect
To help you get the most out of your first BNI meeting, here are some things to know before you go:
- Be Prepared: Visit a chapter prepared to talk about your business. Members are interested in getting to know how connections with visitors can be mutually beneficial. Also, don’t forget to bring your business cards.
- Meetings: As a visitor, you can attend a chapter meeting twice. Remember to use this time to get know the chapter personality, and its members, not to promote your business. Meetings are high energy and run according to a structured agenda. They last around 90 minutes with time for additional networking before and after each meeting. Arrive around 15 minutes early so you don’t miss out on any opportunities for networking, and be sure to sign in as a visitor.
- You’re the Expert: Only one person from each professional speciality is allowed to join a chapter of BNI, eliminating the possibility of competition among our members. When you join a chapter, you are the sole representative of your field and can develop relationships with others in the chapter as their go-to person for your services.
- Respect Your Craft: The businesses our members represent are their full-time occupations, ensuring they are able to position themselves as resources and experts in their field.
BNI and the Givers Gain® Philosophy
BNI’s principle core value is based on the Givers Gain® philosophy of the law of reciprocity. In the context of networking groups, people who adopt this philosophy dedicate themselves to giving business to their fellow networkers rather than making their foremost concern getting business for themselves. In doing so, other people naturally become eager to repay their kindness by sending them business in return. Givers Gain is a great way to live life in general and it is a standard which we can all apply to ourselves—key word being “ourselves”; it is not a sword to be pointed at others who may not adopt the philosophy.
View the following video to learn more on the Givers Gain® philosophy: